Tabs

{tvb} King Maker Thoughts Ep 1-20

So I almost gave up on this when I was watching Episode 1 when the English subs first came out. The part where Yu Ching (Wayne Lai), his siblings, and his dad were being separated was too boring for me to continue, so I stopped watching. However, I was bored and decided to give it a try again, and I'm glad that I kept on watching.

Basically, Sam Leung (Kristal Tin) and her badassery plus episode 19 makes it worth watching. Her scenes, especially the ones when she's fighting are the ones that make KM less boring, especially with all the scheming political stuff that the series is supposed to be all about. Sure, all the things that Tung Chiu (Kent Cheng) plans up are interesting, but I prefer action a little more. But anyways, episode 19 was when basically, shit went down. [spoiler] The big bad three get their comeuppance. [/endspoiler]

Overall, I enjoy the cast's performances and characters, but Fan Hung Ying (Natalie Tong) really annoys me. Okay, so she's supposed to be 18 and the daughter of the chief and all, but did she really have to be that spoiled? When she was keeping Prince Shing (Pierre Ngo, who did a great job with the crazy scenes) in the wine cellar, I didn't really buy her character feeling sorry for him. I honestly don't like her character at all, and it seems weird that the prince would fall in love with her when his wife (Vivien Yeo) is so nice and caring.

No comments:

Post a Comment