Tabs

{tvb} Tiger Cubs Thoughts

I finally finished Tiger Cubs last night. :) I have to concur with everyone else that this is one of the best series of the year so far, even if I barely watched any this year. Most of the actors did well, with the notable exception of Christine Kuo. Although I can barely understand Cantonese, even I think her pronunciation was bad. Her English was no better, and the crying scene in episode 6 was too horrible to be even called acting. I'm quite upset that Wai Wai (Christine) and Ah Yuen (Oscar Leung) ended up together, and I just skip most of their scenes together. 

The best part of the series to me was the brotherhood of the SDU team. It wasn't bromance, but pure brotherhood and loyalty. At the end where [spoiler] Ah Hin (Vincent) died, the flashbacks of Ah Hin and Ah Lai (Him Law) together were so heart touching [end spoiler].  However, one thing did bother me though. When the SDU members "found out" about how Wai Wai ditched Chin Sir (Joe Ma) for Ah Yuen, Ah Sing (Benjamin Yuen) went full on crazy. Sure, you are not supposed to steal your brother's girl, but he never listened to Ah Yuen's side of the story first. If they really were brothers like he claimed, he would listen to what Ah Yuen had to say instead of attacking his character. 
I'm glad that romance was not a big feature of Tiger Cubs, because the relationships were not that well written. Chin Sir and Madam Chong (Jessica Hsuan) were kind of forced. I think they match more as friends, and it was weird how fast Chin Sir started liking Madam Chong. I'm sure you guys already know how much I dislike the fact that Wai Wai and Ah Yuen got together, so let's skip over that. The funny thing is that while Ah Keung (Mandy Wong) and Ah Lai made a cute couple, I thought Ah Keung had a crush on Chin Sir in the beginning. 
As for my favorite case, I think it would either be the first one with the King of Thieves To Tin Yue (Kenneth Ma) or the third case when Ah Lai's father gets kidnapped. I have to say that the beginning cases were more interesting than the last ones. The last episode was a good wrap up, even if there were some questionable scenes. Like a lot of other people, I cried when Ah Hin died; although it was a noble death, it was sad nonetheless.
And of course, my favorite character is Ah Yuen. He's a great brother, friend, and colleague. The only character flaw that I think he has is his taste in girls. (Really, he could have any girl he wants and he picks Wai Wai...) I've always loved Oscar, and I'm glad that he got the role of Ah Yuen. His winks captured a lot of girls' hearts, and his popularity has gotten higher now. Hopefully he will get bigger roles from TVB now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment