Tabs

{tvb} SIAC Thoughts

Warning: major spoilers ahead if you didn't finish the series!! (And if you haven't been watching it, I highly recommend that you do) 

I think that SIAC's ratings are a poor reflection on how good the series was. While some parts were cliched or not as well written as it could have been, overall the series was exceptional. I think the first half of the series was more interesting compared to the latter part since it was focused on solving Hau Yee's murder. I have to say that TVB did pretty well with the result of the mystery. I was pleasantly surprised that the murderer wasn't Ka Hin, but instead Ka Sing (even though he was my second suspect lol). All of the different suspects were well developed as well, so I would have been happy with anyone being the murderer. 
The second part of the series is when Tseung Chi Yan comes in to take revenge on the Poon family. While this is normal revenge/family drama for TVB, I think it was still pretty exciting to watch. I was tricked like Ka Hin was regarding his real background, and all of Tseung Chi Yan's evildoings angered me like there was no tomorrow. Although it made sense for Poon Ka Nin to die, I do not think that Wan Jeh and Chor Kau's deaths were really necessary. Sam Siu's father's death was a big enough catalyst to drive him to go against Tseung Chi Yan, and the other deaths just made it seem like the writers were killing everyone off randomly. (or this just might be me still grieving over Chor Kau...) I only wish that the writers did not make Sam Siu get hit in the head two times by floating logs during the flood scenes. My interpretation of the ending is that Sam Siu does remember Bing Bing (even Steven said so on his weibo- "冰冰,我記得妳㗎"), but I would still have liked a concrete and definite happy ending for Stevia. 
I just have to say that I really loved Sam Siu/Poon Ka Yeung. Steven did a great job as usual, and if he was a real person, I would have definitely fallen for him way faster than Bing Bing had. Even if Bing Bing did not agree with all of his actions, I think Sam Siu's modernized thinking was part of his attractiveness. He was perfect ♥ 
Tavia acted really well in all her scenes as well! But, I did not really like Bing Bing that much... while she does have a lot of good qualities, she's a little too stubborn. Sometimes that part of her personality helped her and it was tolerable, but at other times it just annoys me. She shouldn't have fought with Sam Siu and left him behind to go to Suzhou by herself in the last episode. However, I still think that Sam Siu and Bing Bing were the perfect match. Their flaws (well imo Sam Siu had none LOL) and strengths complemented the other. Also, the scenes they had together were way too cute (esp that doufu fa one!!!!). 

No comments:

Post a Comment