Tabs

{tvb} Slow Boat Home Thoughts

I'm glad to say that Slow Boat Home is enjoyable so far. I'm quite fond of the lead actors, so that might be a major reason why I'm liking this series so far, but I also like it because it's simple and light hearted compared to the more recent TVB series (like Bullet Brain and Beauty at War). There's no interesting characterization, since they all seem like the typical TVB characters. Raymond Wong is Cheung Po Tsai, a hotheaded guy with no sense of responsibility, Aimee Chan as Kate/Po-po in her typical ABC role, Ruco Chan as Fit Wing,  the handsome professional and all around perfect guy, and Selena Li as Heidi, a career minded "evil" girl. Of course, Cilla Lok is the unbearable bratty and spoiled little girl who will inevitably realize her mistakes and be a good girl, and there's Mat Yeung as the nice boy who is in love with her. Raymond and Aimee make an okay couple so far, but their chemistry is nothing compared to that of Ruco and Selena. For their first time working together, they have amazing chemistry. Although Heidi started off unlikeable, I really like her and Fit Wing together. She's not an antagonist, which makes it a lot easier to like her character. :) I don't particularly like Cilla and Mat together, and it's mostly cause I don't like her character. Mat's just so so cute though, I really loved him in episode nineteen you guys should just watch it for him ajdlfjlskaf
When they first announced this series, I thought that it would focus more on songs, but I guess that's not what this series really was about. Cilla's character sort of sang, but I guess after her contract fiasco, she's not going  to sing in the series anymore... Anyways, if you don't know if you should watch this or not, you could just watch Ruco and Selena's scenes together. :) And maybe Raymond, Ruco, and Mat's scenes together, because their bromance is just so cute. 

No comments:

Post a Comment