Tabs

{tvb} The Last Steep Ascent Final Thoughts

I have to say that I enjoyed The Last Steep Ascent more than I thought I would. The premise of the story seemed romantic and sweet, but I'm not usually a fan of romance dramas. However, TLSA was different from a normal romance story, in my opinion. The relationship between Miu Tin and Sun Yuet was less pronounced than normal pairings, and it was the little things they shared that made them fall in love with each other. And since I don't know where to put this, I have to say that Raymond Wong's cameo appearance as the older Sze Hang was a nice surprise. 

Miu Tin (Moses Chan) & Sun Yuet (Maggie Cheung)

Even though they were the main couple, I did not even notice when Sun Yuet started liking Miu Tin, haha. The part that made me start liking this couple was how Sun Yuet said she would introduce Miu Tin to a girl she knows, but then it turned out it was a girl Sze Hang's age. Then later when he told her that he met the girl, my feels were all over the place. I feel they would have gotten together earlier if they just talked about their feelings. I could relate to this, and I was glad that they were able to get together in the end, and how they lived happily together for such a long time. Also, it was sweet how Miu Tin was in love with Sun Yuet ever since he was young, too.

Cheng Kiu (Kenny Wong) & Oi Tai (Aimee Chan)
In the beginning of this series, I did not care for this couple at all, but I think they became the one I was rooting for the most. This might have been especially because I knew Miu Tin and Sun Yuet would end up together, but I still liked this storyline. At first I really disliked Oi Tai for being the third party in Sun Yuet and Sai Cheung's marriage, and I did not feel sorry for her. However, she was a really sweet girl and she did not deserve all of the bad things that happened to her. I wasn't fond of Cheng Kiu in the beginning, but he was so manly protecting Oi Tai! He would have sacrificed everything for her safety, and I was cheering him on when he was beating up the rapist. 

There's a few other things that I would like to add, but I don't have enough thoughts about it to have a paragraph about them, so here they are in bullet points:
  • I was glad Sai Ho (Edwin Siu) got arrested, I hate him.
  • I felt sorry for the uncle after his second stroke, even if he was bad
  • Boss Lai (Joel Chan) and Miu Tin bromance was really sweet
  • Samantha Ko is really pretty in pre-modern clothes
  • I wish Sze Man (Katy Kung) and Po Law (Matt Yeung) had more to their storyline
  • All the loyal workers were so sweet to help Sun Yuet and Miu Tin
  • Lai Lai (Law Lan) is the most badass old lady character I've seen in awhile; she's my favorite character in TSLA 
I feel like my thoughts would be more coherent if I wrote this a few days ago when I finished TLSA, but I went to the Big Bang concert in Anaheim on Saturday, so I had no time to write this up. I'm still in fangirl mode for BB, but I wanted to type this post before I forget everything about this series LOL. 

No comments:

Post a Comment