Tabs

{tvb} ACOH/AL

I finally finished both A Change of Heart and Awfully Lawful today. I'm too lazy to write down all my thoughts in an organized post, though, so I'll just rant haha.
Well, for ACOH 30 episodes was definitely way too much. It started dragging in the middle, and I ended up fast forwarding through a lot of scenes because it got boring. There were a lot of unnecessary scenes, like Jack Wu's character being jealous about Oppa (Sammy Sum) and Tomato C (Rachel Poon)'s relationship. (I also thought that he would turn evil/is evil, but apparently not...) I feel like they bring up a lot of things about the minor characters and then forget about them a few episodes later. Sze Ka che (Mandy Wong)  pretty much disappeared after Siu Gat (Niki Chow) found out about her sleeping with Yuet San (Bosco Wong). They even somehow forget about Yuet San's great aunt at the end! Everyone showed up after the "1 year later" thing except her. 
My favorite pair in ACOH
Honestly, I disliked a lot of the characters. As usual, the female characters were written poorly, especially the lead. Instead of pitying her, I hated Siu Gat throughout the whole series. Disliking Fong Tai  (Joey Meng) seems more normal since she's the bad guy, I guess, but I did understand why she did all the evil things. I think I already said why I didn't like Sze Ka che in a prior post, but she got more bearable after she gave up on hooking up with Yuet San. The only female characters that I really liked were Ah Yan (Elaine Yiu) and Siu Fei (JJ Jia). As for the males, I actually liked Fong Chi Lik (Michael Miu) when he was still evil. His character was more entertaining, imo. Because of my bias, I liked both Yat San and Yuet San, but Eason (Vincent Wong) was my favorite character. The only male I disliked was Martin (Benjamin Yuen)...

I enjoyed Awfully Lawful a lot more than ACOH. Although I felt the last episode was sort of rushed, the whole series was entertaining. Episode 16 was my favorite, solely because of Honey (Grace Wong) and Jazz (Pal Sinn)'s camping adventure-date. I also loved the scenes that had all four male leads in them, their brotherhood was pretty nice. I would have to say that my favorite characters would be Solo (Roger Kwok) - his manner of speaking was quite interesting, and Elsa (Selena Li) who was very cute. Also, the little kids that played Felix and Louis were the cutest things ever! Especially Louis haha. 

No comments:

Post a Comment